Did you know that all the chapter titles in I KILL MONSTERS, the first Nowak Brothers novel, are songs? A few astute readers have mentioned they noticed this and that they loved those tracks. In case you hadn't noticed or just didn't want to spend the time assembling the whole playlist yourself, I've set it up as a Youtube Playlist. Give it a listen, maybe you'll discover some new music you love!
The I KILL MONSTERS Mix Tape
1. "I Never Told You What I Do For A Living" - My Chemical Romance
2. "Problems" - The Sex Pistols
3. "The Kids Aren't Alright" - The Offspring
4. "The Job That Ate My Brain" - The Ramones
5. "Bop 'Til You Drop" - The Ramones
6. "Bulletproof Heart" - My Chemical Romance
7. "Mother" - Danzig
8. "Some Kind of Hate" - The Misfits
9. "Ivan Meets GI Joe" - The Clash
10. "The Morning After" - Faith No More
11. "Working in the Coal Mine" - Devo
12. "Chemical Warfare" - The Dead Kennedys
13. "This Ain't A Scene, It's An Arms Race" - Fall Out Boy
14. "The Jetset Life is Gonna Kill You" - My Chemical Romance
15. "Well Paid Scientist" - The Dead Kennedys
16. "Run to the Hills" - Iron Maiden
17. "Let's Have a War" - Fear
18. "Rock the Casbah" - The Clash
19. "Invaders" - Iron Maiden
20. "Stuff is Messed Up" - The Offspring
21. "Not Of This World" - Danzig
22. "Defy You" - The Offspring
23. "Famous Last Words" - My Chemical Romance
Bonus tracks (not part of the mix or chapter titles, but mentioned in the book)
"As Long As There Is Whiskey in the World" - Murder By Death
"The Greatest Man Who Ever Lived" - Weezer
"Thank You For The Venom" - My Chemical Romance (Szandor's Theme)
For the next few days, you can get my first novel, the horror story The Lost and the Damned completely free on Amazon for your Kindle or other devices! Check out the story of detective John Keats as he braves the confines of a creepy mental hospital!
The Lost and the Damned
There is a darkness waking up in the Bellingham mental hospital. Around this evil, the building is twisting and distorting, becoming a place of monsters and murders. With each death, the darkness grows stronger. Doors are opening to other times and other places, reality is shifting.
Into this comes John Keats, a private detective more accustomed to catching infidelity than missing persons. In pursuit of a half a million dollar bounty, he has tracked down missing rock star Katie Vanders to Bellingham, but he has no idea what waits inside. It should have been easy money: go in, get the girl, and leave. But now that he is in the hospital, he has no way out. The exits are blocked, the hospital is falling apart, and something is chasing him. Even after finding Katie, there is no escape from this trap. His rescue mission has become a game of survival as the hospital twists apart across time and space.
As deadly secrets are uncovered, a malevolent intelligence is awakening. Can John and Katie figure out how to stop it and escape the hospital, or will they find themselves forever lost in darkness?